Car auctions can be an excellent way of buying a vehicle at a discounted price. However, they can also be a little bit of a gamble if you’re not familiar with the process. Our online auctions are home to a wide range of vehicles for sale, and many of these models include damaged and light damaged cars – perfect for salvaging parts from if you’re a mechanic or a hobbyist. So, to help you determine whether using our auction service is the right move for you, we’ve outlined a few of the advantages and disadvantages of buying a car through our online car auctions.
Advantages of car auctions
Buying your car from one of our online car auctions can provide you with a range of great benefits that you wouldn’t normally get by going down the dealership route. Here are a few of the key ones.
- Cost-effective - one of the main reasons people choose to use our car auctions is that they offer vehicles at a much lower price than buying from a dealer or private seller. This is because most auction vehicles are sold as-is, meaning they have not been repaired or refurbished.
- Variety of options - another advantage of our car auctions is that they offer a wide variety of vehicles, in a range of conditions. You can find vehicles from different brands, models, and years, and the vast majority of the vehicles you’ll find online on our website are salvage cars, vans and motorcycles. These salvage cars attract thousands of trade and non-trade customers from around the UK, who bid on them in our fast, easy online vehicle auctions.
A few things to keep in mind when looking through our car auctions
We work hard to ensure that the processes of buying and selling cars on our site is as easy as possible. So, here are a few aspects of the auction process that are worth keeping in mind as you take a look through our listings:
- No test drive - given the nature of our business, you may not always have an opportunity to test drive a vehicle you’re interested in. That’s not to say it’s never an option – simply that it often depends on the circumstances and discretion of the seller. By all means ask if it’s something you think you’d like, but don’t take one for granted!
- Limited knowledge of the vehicle - because many of the vehicles we supply here at RAW2K are salvage vehicles, the sellers may not always know much about the vehicle's history, maintenance record, or any accidents it may have been involved in. If you’re planning on repairing it and driving it yourself rather than taking it to pieces for parts, be prepared to spend a little more time establishing the paper trail you’ll need to get it properly registered.
- Competition - Our car auctions can be competitive, so if you spot a vehicle you like then make sure not to take your foot off the proverbial pedal! Keep checking back right until the time for the listing elapses, so you can be sure nobody swoops in and nabs it. (Of course, if that does happen then don’t worry too much – our auctions are refreshed on a daily and weekly basis, so there are always new deals to be had!)
It’s worth reiterating that online car auctions can be a great way to save money on a vehicle. And if you do your research, set a budget, and have a good understanding of the auction process before bidding, you’ll have an easy time navigating our auctions here at RAW2K. We’ve got a huge range of Category N cars in our online car auctions for used, seized and salvage cars, so if you’re looking for a vehicle you can scrap for parts, we’re sure to have what you’re looking for. Why not take a look around, and see what you can find?