Here at RAW2K, our online car auctions contain thousands of used, salvage and seized vehicles for sale, many of which fall under the Category S class. They’re the perfect choice if you’re a mechanic or a hobbyist in search of spare parts that you can salvage, as these are vehicles that have sustained notable structural damage and are no longer road worthy. So, if you’re unsure on the kind of damage that qualifies a vehicle as Category S, then we’ve got some examples.
What is a Category S vehicle?
Category S cars are vehicles that have suffered structural damage, which means that they’ve been involved in an accident or collision that has caused damage to the car's frame or chassis. These types of damage can vary in severity, but they can all impact the car's safety and performance. So, with that in mind, here are a few of the most common types of damage that a Category S car listed on our site might have.
Common types of damage that Category S cars may have
- Front-end damage - this is one of the most common types of damage that Category S cars may have. It can occur when the car collides with another vehicle or an object in front of it, such as a wall or a tree. Front-end damage can affect the car's engine, suspension, and steering, and it can also impact the safety features such as airbags.
- Rear-end damage - rear-end collisions are also common and can cause significant damage to the car's bumper, trunk, and rear body panels. In severe cases, the damage can extend to the car's frame, which can impact the car's safety and performance.
- Side damage - side damage can occur when the car collides with another vehicle or object from the side. This type of damage can affect the car's doors, windows, and fenders, and in severe cases, it can damage the car's frame.
- Roof damage - this type of damage can occur in rollover accidents or when the car collides with an object overhead, such as a tree branch. Roof damage can impact the car's structural integrity, therefore affecting its safety features.
- Frame damage - frame damage is the most severe type of damage that a Category S car can have. It occurs when the car's frame is bent or twisted, and it can impact the car's safety and performance. In severe cases, frame damage can also make the car irreparable.
So, Category S cars can have various types of damage, ranging from mild to severe, and we stock vehicles that fall under this class right here at RAW2K. We’ve got a huge range of Category S cars in our online car auctions for used, seized and salvage cars, so if you’re looking for a vehicle you can scrap for parts, we’re sure to have what you’re looking for. Why not take a look around, and see what you can find?