Spring is a great time to give your car a thorough cleaning after the harsh winter months. Not only will it make your car look and smell fresh, but it can also help improve its performance and extend its lifespan. What’s more, a good clean will most likely be a necessity of you’ve just purchased a second-hand vehicle from our online car auctions and you’re looking to get it back non the road. So, here at RAW2K, we’re here to go over some tips on how to carry out a good old fashioned spring clean on your car!
Gather your cleaning supplies
Before you start cleaning your car, you’ll need to gather all the necessary supplies together so you can do a good job. If you’ve never cleaned a car before, then here are a few of the key items you need to include:
- Car soap
- Window cleaner
- Microfibre towels
- A vacuum cleaner
- A tyre brush
- A sponge
- A bucket
- Upholstery cleaner
The cleaning process
Now that you’ve gathered up all the necessary equipment, it’s time to start cleaning:
- Start with the interior - begin by removing all the clutter from the interior of your car, including any rubbish like food wrappers, and other debris. Next, use a vacuum cleaner to remove any dirt and dust from the seats, floor mats, and carpets. Don’t forget to vacuum under the seats and in between the crevices of the dashboard!
- Clean the windows - use a window cleaner and a microfibre towel to clean the interior and exterior windows of your car. Be sure to clean the rearview mirror and side mirrors as well. Clean mirrors mean you’ll be able to clearly see all around your car, making driving around much safer!
- Clean the dashboard and console - use a damp microfibre cloth to wipe down the dashboard, centre console, and door panels. If there are any stubborn stains, you can use a gentle cleaner or all-purpose cleaner to remove them.
- Clean the seats - you can use an upholstery cleaner to clean the seats and remove any stains. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and test the cleaner on a small, inconspicuous area before applying it to the entire seat!
- Clean the carpets and floor mats - if your car has removable floor mats, take them out and clean them separately. Use a carpet cleaner to clean the carpets and floor mats, and be sure to let them dry completely before putting them back in the car.
- Clean the exterior - use a car wash soap and a bucket of water to clean the exterior of your car. Start at the top and work your way down, making sure to clean the wheels and tires as well. Use a tyre brush to clean the tires and alloys, as this will leave them shining bright!
So, if you follow these instructions, we bet you’ll have your car looking showroom ready in no-time, so you’ll be able to drive it with pride through the Springtime sunshine! In need of a set of wheels to get you back on the road this spring, or a model you can scrap for parts? You’re in exactly the right place.
We’ve got a huge range of salvage cars to choose from in our online car auctions, including many from world-famous brands like Mercedes, Citroen and Peugeot. Our auctions are refreshed on a daily and weekly basis, so there are always bargains to be found. Why not take a look around, and see what you can find?